In another administrative reshuffle, the Union government on Monday announced new postings for about two dozen administrators at the Centre. According to the orders issued by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC), senior IRAS officer Hara Prasad Nayak is appointed as joint secretary and financial advisor, National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID). Nayak a 1995-batch officer of Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS) will remain at the helm for a tenure of five years, a personnel ministry order said.
Nayak will replace Rajiv Sharma, a 993-batch IDAS officer at the Federal intelligence gathering organisation. NATGRID works to enhance India’s counter-terrorism capabilities.
Apart from this Aswani Srivastava, a 1998-batch Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS) officer is named joint secretary in the Department of Food and Public Distribution. Srivastava will replace 2001-batch Himachal cadre IAS officer Nandita Gupta.
The ACC orders says that the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved these appointments and premature repatriations at the Joint Secretary level, each with pay at Level 14 of the Pay Matrix. The reshuffle has also come into force with immediate effect.
Among other key appointments include:
- Amit Katoch (IP&TA&FS 1998): Appointed as Additional CPFC (HQrs), Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) under the Ministry of Labour & Employment. Katoch’s tenure extends for five years or until further orders, succeeding Neelam Sanghi (IRAS 1989).
- Pankaj Hazarika (IDAS 2000): Appointed as Additional Secretary (JS level), Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) under the Department of Personnel & Training. Hazarika’s tenure is for five years or until further orders, succeeding Puneet Yadav (IAS WB:1999).
- Palka Sahni (IAS BH:2004): Appointed as Joint Secretary, Department of Pharmaceuticals, with an overall tenure until 02/04/2028 or until further orders, succeeding Rajneesh Tingal (CSS).
- Sandhya Bhullar (IAS GJ:2003): Appointed as Joint Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, with an overall tenure until 31/03/2024, extendable further on availability of cadre clearance or until further orders. Bhullar succeeds Manmeet Kaur Nanda (AS WB:2000).
- Vinay Kumar (IAS BH:1999): Appointed as Joint Secretary, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, for a tenure of five years or until further orders, succeeding Amit Vardhan (IRTS 1989).
- Brijendra Swaroop (IFoS 5K:1996): Appointed as Executive Director (Projects), National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) under the Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, until the date of superannuation on 31/01/2028 or until further orders. Swaroop succeeds Himansu Badoni (IRSE Civil 1993).
- Raj Kumar Mishra (IPoS 1999): Appointed as Director, National Water Informatics Centre (NWIC) under the Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, for a tenure of five years or until further orders. Mishra succeeds Sunil Kumar Garg (ITS 1985).
- Brijesh Pandey (IAS TR:2004): Premature repatriation as Joint Secretary, Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region to his parent cadre.
- Shantanu (IAS TR:1997): Appointed as Joint Secretary, Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, with an overall tenure of five years until 27/03/2024 or until further orders, succeeding Shri Brijesh Pandey (IAS TR:2004).
The new appointments and repatriations are in line with the Centre strategy to push effective governance and enhanced administration.